New Avenue Café
Not only is the New Avenue Café a great place to get some work done or to hang out with others, it supports a fantastic social initiative — that of employing adults with disabilities in meaningful employment.
The Cafe is a project of New Avenue Foundation, a nonprofit organization begun in 2013 by two fathers of adult daughters with disabilities, Jim Wurster and Tom Reinke. These dads wanted to expand the social and employment opportunities for their daughters, as well as others, and to ensure that all members of their local communities would feel welcome and valued. To that end, the nonprofit was begun. Now, six years later, the employment initiative is taking root with the New Avenue Café at the Kelly Center for Music, Arts, and Community in Havertown.
New Avenue Cafe offers a variety of daily specials and menu items change daily. We also offer a selection of Gluten Free and Vegan options.
Pastries & Desserts
- Bear Claws
- Cupcakes – Regular, Vegan & Gluten Free
- Tuck n’ Buns
- Bagels and cream cheese
Other selective items (Note: may vary by day)
- Fresh Bread Bread
- Furnace Hills Coffee – hot or iced
- Smoothies – strawberry, wildberry, peach, lemonade, and more
- Cold drinks – juices, organic teas, soda, and cold brew
- Espresso drinks – incl. cappuccino, latte, café Americano
- Organic Tea & Sodas
- Humankind Iced Tea & Lemonades
- Nantucket Nectars
- Kid’s juice boxes